The Peabody Education Foundation (PEF) Grants program is thrilled to announce that this school year, it has provided over $50,000 in funding to support programs that will benefit students in our community! The PEF Grant Committee was excited to receive applications from every school in the city – 45 applications were received totaling $89,274.98 in requests. Thank you to every teacher and faculty who submitted an application. Check out which programs were funded below!
The programs funded include:
- A Forensic Science Guest Speaker
- Higgins Helping Hawks Student Mentoring Program
- Curriculaughs in Literacy
- Intergenerational Book Club
- Scholastic Classroom Magazines
- Wake Up Brain Bins
- Young Audiences of Mass
- Makerspace STEAM Weekly Classes
- Curious Creatures Reptile Zoo
- Math Mania | Fraction Fun
- Stay Sharp Barbering
- Art Mural Contest
- Let’s Find Out Magazines
- Rainforest Reptile Shows
- Printmaking Materials
- PBL Hot/Cold Chocolate Stands
- STEM Math Enrichment Program
- STEAM Museum
- Sign Language Materials Library
- Outdoor Classroom Water Quality Study
- Humor-Infused Poetry Education and Reading
- Spectrum Yoga
The funds helped the school purchase materials, such as several build sets, learning kits and games, and more, to get the program up and running. The PEF Grant Committee is excited to see the students work together to creatively tackle various projects! Check out some pictures below!
In addition to the above grants, the PEF Grants Committee expanded on two individual teacher applications and is funding those programs district wide!! Birthday Books and Social Emotional Libraries will now be enjoyed by every elementary school in the Peabody School System, thanks to some very innovative teachers in our system!
The PEF Grants program is thrilled to work with our teachers to help bring these innovative programs and resources to our Peabody schools! To see more of the programs we’ve funded throughout the years or to help support the funding of these programs, click below!