“My earnest wish is to promote at all times a spirit of harmony and good will in society, my aversion to intolerance, bigotry and party rancor, and my enduring respect and love for the happy institutions of our prosperous republic.”
– George Peabody, September 1866
The city’s namesake, George Peabody, was a successful, self-educated entrepreneur who became the world’s first international philanthropist.
GEORGE PEABODY LEGACY AWARD
WE ARE SEEKING NOMINATIONS OF WORTHY CANDIDATES FOR OUR
SECOND ANNUAL GEORGE PEABODY LEGACY AWARD.
- Lives or works in Peabody
- Has had a lasting impact on education
- Tireless advocate for the betterment of Peabody students
- Is an active member in the Peabody Community
- Effects change for the good of the people over a significant period of time
**Award may be posthumously
Please tell us why you are nominating this person for this award. The Peabody Education Foundation (PEF) will make the final selections. The recipients will be honored at our first annual award ceremony in May.
All nominations must be received on or before March 15, 2014.
Remember to include your name, address, and telephone number on all nominations in order that we may verify information or request a testimonial and/or pictures.
Mail/Email/Fax Nominations to:
Peabody Education Foundation, P.O. Box 233, Peabody, MA 01960